Monday, April 26, 2010

A Season Begins

Erie's Edge is a small farm that I am starting in the back yard of my Cleveland home. It is a good sized area (~ 3000 square feet) with lots of sun and beautiful soil.



You may be wondering why I don't just call it a garden if it is such a small space, where I am going to sell the food I produce, how I am financing my project, if I'll be the only one working and (most excitingly) what I will be growing. I can give you short quick answers to most of these questions, but the case is that this is an evolving project and I bet a lot my answers will change as I continue to understand what I'm getting into. Here I'll be chronicling my adventures, ideas, plantings, harvests, trials and celebrations.

For those of you who are interested in helping out with work on the farm, keep checking this site. I'll post my plans for work times and you'll be more than welcome to come help out. If you need my address or my phone number, leave a message and I'll get back to you asap. Thanks for all your support!


MOlly

No comments: